Restaurant business is very productive business not only in Pakistan but all over the world. It is one of the most successful businesses in Pakistan. Like any other countries if you want to establish your own restaurant you have to get a license from the concerned authority. The same system follows in Pakistan, Hotel/Restraunt Registration is mandatory for a food supplier in order to commence business in Pakistan. In Pakistan Law relating to food items which may or may not be served in hotels and restraunts is administered under various statutes and rules.The Pakistan Hotels and Restaurants Act, 1976 and The Pakistan Hotels and Restaurants Rules, 1977 were incorporated for the specific regulation of such restraunts. However, the law is extended over various statutes as taxes are dealt under sales tax Act, 1990 and Income tax Ordinance,2001. Agreements are administered under stamp act and so forth.
The law which deals with the registration and control of the hotels and restaurants is mainly found in The Pakistan Hotels and Restaurants Act, 1976 and The Pakistan Hotels and Restaurants Rules, 1977.
Owner of every restaurant or hotel shall from the opening apply to the controller for registration, without first getting the hotel or restaurant registered and obtaining a license no owner individual, firm, company is allowed to carry on his business. In case of non registration under the act he shall be liable to imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year but which shall not be less than three days and fine which may extend to five hundred thousand rupees but which shall not be less than ten thousand rupees.
For registration of a restaurant, the owner of the restaurant is required to be conventional to the standard of health, hygiene, comfort, medical certificates of staffs in good health, its building is structurally safe and to fulfill other requirements in accordance with law.
After getting registration the owner of the restaurant is required to obtain a license from the controller. Normally, registration and license are issued at the same time. A license granted shall remain in force for a period of one year and is renewable every year on payment of prescribed government fee.
Expert lawyers/Attorneys at HAMZA and HAMZA may assist you in Following
- We can assist you in obtaining registration and license to open a hotel or restaurant
- We can provide you complete feasibility study and also advise on proper business structure (Sole proprietership/Sole Owner/Partnership Concern/ Company) to minimize taxes and maximize profits.
- We can help you in Drafting the lease agreement and/or registering the ownership deed.
- We are also experts in Brand Name/Trademark registration for the name of hotel or restaurant.
- We can also help you in Drafting of contract of employment with best possible tax structures.
- We can also assist you in Drafting of confidentiality agreement.
- We can assist you in Legal Drafting and negotiating of all agreements for the sale and purchase of hotels/ restaurants/prospective clients/suppliers and so forth.
- The lawyers/Attorneys at Hamza and Hamza can assist you in Drafting and negotiating franchise agreements.
- The lawyers at Hamza and Hamza may assist you in legal litigation arising out of vendor, partner, employee and/or customer disputes.